Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Late Night Digitals

Yo, Got some fun stuff to show.

Decided to move from traditional stuff art-wise to digital, and among the chaos of modern life, moving houses, learning routes as to not get lost and chopped up in some serial killers basement, I managed to learn quite a lot from Saturday night to today (Sunday).

This first image is for my girlfriend Meghan, bit of a personal piece, but it came out exceptionally well, which marks my breaking in to digital works, the second work (picture of the lady) is a result of me trying to follow a tutorial from Gnomon, failing, then going on my own tangent, learning the tools. ins and outs of everything.

In regards to the lady, I feel that the second to last image was a better product, but I felt like trying out some hair and being daring.

With the rabbit I got some awesome colouring help from my long term friend and mentor Jizhou Yang, as asian as can be (by that I mean ridiculously talented) and without his help the picture would have fallen to pieces, so cheers big ears.


It was a successful weekend in terms of practice, hope you guys enjoy the results.

as always i've included wip screengrabs, deal with it.

In closing i'm going to leave you with a quote from somewhere:

"If you don't fail, you don't learn, and if you don't learn, you're not trying hard enough."

So, i'm basically going to be trudging through the valley of unholy suckage for awhile, be it 3d or 2d, i'll put my head down and practice till hell or high water.

Let's see where we go from here.


Regards

Francis








No comments:

Post a Comment